Sunday, February 27, 2011

Writers In The Storm


Sunday afternoon and I should be writing, but I've been surfing websites and writer's blogs. Please note that I have added two new links. Writer's Digest and Publisher's Weekly contain valuable info for writers and now we have their websites in one handy place.

I came across a blog today that is filled with useful tips and links for writers. I didn't add it as a link, but here's their address: http://writersinthestorm.wordpress.com.

How's the battle going, fellow writers? The longer I work on my current novel, the more I realise how far from a finished draft I am. Oh sure, I could dash off a really crappy 300 paged firstdraft and pat myself on the back, but where would that leave me? I'd still have to fill in gaps (and I mean major gaps) to achieve a 450-500 page manuscript. I must accept that I prefer to write a fairly decent firstdraft that actually resembles a novel. I have about 3/4 of the novel written and I'm writing it out of order. Whichever scene inspires me, is the one I'll be working on.

In case you're wondering, the picture I posted isn't my back deck (I wish!) but from an old calendar entitled verandas.

See you all soon,

Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the links Cynthia - I will be visiting them soon to check things out. I feel that I can relate to the quantity vs. quality struggle you talked about - though on a much more modest scale. I have, at times, been frustrated with the pace of my 'finished' work, but it doesn't seem to make any sense to try to rush it - I don't feel that I can move on from something until its done (or at least done enough to read it out loud for the first time and get feed-back)
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete