Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let the Games Begin

*waves* Hi everyone.

What do you do when your writing begins to feel like work?

From the corner of the room, Jack Torrance intones "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

Uh...ok. *inches away* Er, yes. You could spiral into madness, if you wanted to, but I think that would be counterproductive. It tends to kill your writing. *Jack twitches*

*a-hem* Moving on now. When your writing starts to feel like work, go play! Here's a neat resource for word games I found. Pick a game that tickles your fancy and away you go.

http://scottwilliamcarter.com/games-writers-play/

In my personal opinion, 500 -1000 words per day (most days, anyway) is what I found to be my realistic goal. But if there's one thing I learned about the craft, it is do what feels right to you. Should you find you can only get the words flowing by standing on your head, I won't judge. If it gets you results, than go with it. There is no such thing as the right way to write so long as you get those words out and on the page.

I admit some of the games sound kind of oddball, but maybe one of these will trigger something for you.

Ozzy

No comments:

Post a Comment